Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
Vampire Facial® in Martinsburg
Improve skin texture and color
The Vampire Facial® is a treatment that combines microneedling and the topical application of the patient’s own platelet rich plasma (PRP) – to improve the appearance of the skin, particularly its texture and color.
What it Treats
Uneven skin texture
Lack of glow
Fine lines and wrinkles
The PRP Facial Process.
What to Expect?
Before your Vampire Facial® at Dr. Robert Bowen in Martinsburg, you'll meet with Dr. Bowen for a consultation. He will discuss your skin concerns and what you want to achieve to determine if this treatment is right for you.
We will start by applying a medical grade numbing cream. This ensures that the procedure is pain-free.
We will draw a small amount of your blood. Next, we extract plasma for your treatment. We like to refer to PRP as “Liquid Gold” because it has a yellow color and because of the enrichment it can provide your skin.
Once we prep the PRP, your skincare professional will microneedle the treatment area and apply your very own "Liquid Gold" to the surface of your skin.
- Let Dr. Bowen know if you are prone to cold sores, so that antiviral medication can be made available to you.
- For the week leading up to treatment, make a concerted effort to protect your skin from the sun (no direct sun exposure, general sun avoidance; use protective clothing and SPF).
- No other facial treatments in the week leading up to your appointment.
- Hydrate well for the 3 days prior to your treatment; being well-hydrated will result in a better blood draw.
- Avoid touching your face for at least 6 hours following your Facial.
- Leave the PRP on your skin for at least 4 hours for better results.
- Do not wash your face for the first 6 hours after treatment.
- When you do wash your face, first wash your hands with antibacterial soap. Then gently wash your face using only antibacterial soap and lukewarm water, no other cleansers. Then delicately pat dry. Apply ALTAR – Vampire Skin Therapy ($97) to keep skin moist during the healing process.
- Reapply ALTAR whenever your face begins to feel dry or taut.
- If you are prone to swelling. sleep on your back for the first 2 nights.
- Use a fresh/new pillow case nightly until healed.
- Do not use exfoliating products for at least 3 days post treatment.
- Protect your skin from the sun (sun avoidance, protective clothing and SPF).
Frequently Asked Questions.
How long does it take to recover from a Vampire Facial?
Are PRP facials painful?
Can you see results after one PRP facial?
How often should I get a PRP facial?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.