Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
Secret RF Microneedling in Martinsburg
Remodel your skin—from the inside out
Secret RF Microneedling is a revolutionary treatment that utilizes very small “micro” needles that penetrate to the depth of our choosing and release radiofrequency energy.
Microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) is a great, minimally-invasive combination that stimulates collagen and addresses sun damage and other common signs of aging. Utilizing microneedling in a client’s treatment plan helps us reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, scars, stretch marks, and smaller areas of loose skin.
When you book Secret RF Microneedling in Martinsburg with Dr. Robert Bowen, an in-depth consultation will precede your appointment to determine your needs. This allows us to discuss your skin type, your specific concerns, and the treatment area you’d like to address.
What it Treats
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Approximately 60 minutes
Female or Male
Typically 21 years old or older, however, some skin conditions may be eligible for treatment in younger patients. Those with scarring or other less common conditions at younger ages may be eligible for this treatment. Dr. bowen is happy to advise on your particular circumstances during a consultation.
Recovery & Downtime
Skin will feel/be tight, red, dry and/or swollen in the hours that follow your Secret RF microneedling treatment but should subside after 24 hours. Full skin recovery takes about three days.
Secret RF Microneedling Before & After
- Avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g., glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g., salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc., for at least 3 days to avoid interference with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not have any IPL/Laser procedures for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods for at least two weeks.
- Do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area for at least a week prior.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated, as this helps the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean off any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least 1 week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then gently wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2 to 3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
- Schedule follow up and repeat treatments after 4 to 6 weeks to continue to see results!
Frequently Asked Questions.
What is the difference between Secret RF microneedling and traditional microneedling?
When will I see results?
How many microneedling treatments do I need?
Does Secret RF microneedling hurt?
Is there any reason why someone shouldn't have a Secret RF microneedling treatment?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.