Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
ProFractional Laser in Martinsburg
Transform Your Skin
Over the years, many factors can take a toll on your skin, increasing the chances of line and wrinkle formation, sagging, scars, and other concerns. If you’re ready to transform your skin through laser resurfacing, look no further than ProFractional® laser treatment.
ProFractional treatment stimulates collagen production to renew skin through precisely targeted laser energy. ProFractional laser in Martinsburg at Dr. Robert Bowen, is one of our most transformative skin services.
Fine to deep wrinkles
Recovery & Downtime
7 to 10 days, with specific aftercare instructions that must be followed. As with other laser treatments, sun avoidance/protection is required to avoid complications.
What are the benefits of a ProFractional laser treatment in Martinsburg?
Deep Skin Resurfacing
There are certain skin conditions that products and traditional facials can't improve significantly. ProFractional laser is the ultimate solution to improving scars and deep wrinkles by stimulating tissue regeneration from within.
Certain deep laser treatments require a significant amount of time for your skin to heal. With ProFractional laser, you only need about a week for your skin to recover.
The benefits of this treatment are long-term. With boosted collagen and resurfaced skin, you'll reap the benefits for years to come.
The ProFractional Process.
What to Expect?
To ensure ProFractional is the best treatment match for you, you'll meet with Dr. Bowen for a skin consultation. He'll assess your skin and discuss your goals for this treatment. After answering your questions, we'll book you for this procedure with him.
The day of, you'll arrive and relax in a comfortable treatment chair as we prepare your skin. Your provider will apply a topical anesthetic to minimize any pain during the treatment. The total time can depend based on your custom treatment plan.
After your treatment, we'll go over any aftercare instructions. If your treatment plan includes multiple treatment sessions, we will space these apart strategically for the best results possible.
- Avoid waxing, facials, hair removal (laser, threading, electrolysis), extensive sun exposure, or any other laser treatments to the treatment area at least a week prior to your procedure.
- Stop using topical skin treatments (with the exception of a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen) three days before the treatment.
- Discuss aspirin or other blood thinning medication you are taking during your consultation with Dr. Bowen.
Important post-treatment care to expect includes:
- Sleep with the head elevated to minimize swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until the treated skin has healed.
- Do not use any cleansing devices or brushes (i.e. Clarisonic) or exfoliating scrubs or other topical products for at least 10 days following your treatment.
- Avoid any UV exposure for 48 hours and use sunscreen religiously starting the day after treatment.
- Do not bump, pick, scratch, or itch the skin in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How many ProFractional treatments do I need?
How many days of downtime can I expect?
Does ProFractional Laser hurt?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.