Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
Light Therapy for Acne in Martinsburg
Reclaim Great Skin
Most of us will deal with acne at one point or another, particularly during adolescence. At the same time, certain factors such as diet, medications, and hormonal changes can both cause and worsen breakouts in people of all ages. This can lead to not only discomfort and potential scarring, but reduced self-esteem as well.
When looking at different products and treatments, it’s important to consider your skin type and lifestyle to find what’s best for your needs. For reducing the severity and duration of breakouts, Dr. Bowen’s team utilizes highly effective AviClear light therapy for acne in Martinsburg.
What it Treats
Mild, moderate & severe acne
The protocol for AviClear treatment is 3 treatments spaced 1 month apart. Each session takes about 30 minutes.
Recovery & Downtime
No recovery, no downtime.
Why Try AviClear for Acne in Martinsburg?
AviClear uses laser energy to selectively target the sebaceous glands' production of sebum (the oily substance on your skin which combines with dead skin cells to clog pores.
AviClear is the first, and currently only, energy device to receive FDA clearance for treating mild, moderate and severe acne.
After a series of 3 treatments, AviClear has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of breakouts, while improving skin appearance. AviClear currently holds a 90% satisfaction rate among patients.
- Let us know if you have used isotretinoin (Accutane) within the last 6 months.
- Avoid skin irritants (e.g., products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, vitamin C/ ascorbic acid, astringents),
- No suntanning or self-tanners four weeks prior to treatment. This includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure.
- Notify us of any changes in your health history or medications since your last treatment.
- Inform staff of any history of herpes or cold sores so that an antiviral medication can be made available to you.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved.
- Immediately after treatment, your provider will apply broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 30+ sunblock, which should be applied at least once daily.
- Cold compresses or chilled gel packs may be applied post-treatment for your comfort.
- If a blister develops, contact our office right away for further instructions.
- Starting the morning after treatment, wash the treatment area with a gentle cleanser, followed by a gentle moisturizer every day, twice a day, for 7-10 days.
- You may resume your regular skincare regimen 7-10 days after each treatment.
- Makeup can be applied the day after treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions.
When will I see results?
Is AviClear painful?
Will I need to set aside time for recovery?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.