Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
Halo Laser in Martinsburg
Uncover Gorgeous New Skin
If you need a treatment that dramatically improves the health and appearance of your skin and perfectly enhances your natural beauty, the Halo™ laser in Martinsburg from Dr. Robert Bowen is an amazing choice. Utilizing the Halo laser in a patient’s treatment plan helps us remove damaged outer layers and treat everything from fine lines and wrinkles to uneven skin tone and texture. The Halo laser by Sciton is the only resurfacing procedure that combines both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to maximize your time with us, while keeping downtime short.
When you book a Halo laser resurfacing treatment in Martinsburg, your appointment will be preceded by an in-depth consultation to determine your needs. This allows us to discuss your skin type, your specific concerns, and the treatment area you’d like to address. From there, we’ll have a much better understanding of how the Halo laser may fit into your overall treatment plan!
What it Treats
Uneven skin tone
1 to 2 hours
Recovery & Downtime
Recovery time from Halo laser treatments varies based on the intensity of the treatment. Most patients require 3 to 7 days to heal.
Why try the Halo laser in Martinsburg?
The Halo laser is extremely effective at treating the (literal) underlying causes of unsightly appearance of the skin.
Treatments with the Halo laser in Martinsburg can work in conjunction with a variety of other treatments to help reduce the appearance of superficial wrinkles and scars.
Certain patients have reported that they notice a positive change to the appearance of the treated area after just one Halo laser treatment!
Halo Laser Before & After
The Halo Laser Process.
What to Expect?
Book a Consultation.
At Dr. Robert Bowen, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book your Photofacial.
Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive for Treatment.
When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions. Topical numbing cream will be applied to the skin we are treating.
Sit Back and Relax.
Your provider will treat you evenly and accurately. Our team is expertly educated and trained on the best techniques to ensure we meet your high standards and expectations. During a Halo treatment, we will instruct you to keep your eyes closed. However, you’re free to listen to music, chat with your provider, or simply lay back and relax.
Once the Halo laser treatment is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments needed to maintain your overall treatment plan and help you make the most of your results!
In the time leading up to your Halo laser treatment with Dr. Robert Bowen in Martinsburg, we suggest:
- Avoid dermal filler injections for 1-2 months before and after your Halo procedure.
- Avoid waxing, facials, hair removal (threading, electrolysis, etc.), extensive sun exposure, or any other laser treatments to the treatment area at least a week prior to your procedure.
- Stop using topical skin treatments (with the exception of a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen) three days before the treatment.
- Discuss aspirin or other blood thinning medication you are taking during your consultation with your Halo specialist.
Following your Halo treatment, your skin will be red and swollen. This is expected and should subside after several days. Important post-treatment care to expect includes:
- Sleep with the head elevated to minimize swelling.
- Use cool water compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until skin has healed.
- Do not use any cleansing devices or brushes (i.e. Clarisonic) or exfoliating scrubs or other topical products for at least 10 days following your treatment.
- Avoid any UV exposure for 24 hours and use sunscreen religiously starting the day after treatment.
- Do not bump, pick, scratch, or itch the area in any way. Hands off your face!
Frequently Asked Questions.
What can I expect during the procedure?
What is the downtime associated with the Halo laser? When will I see results?
What does the Halo treatment feel like?
How many treatments do I need?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.