Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
Hair Restoration in Martinsburg
Restore Your Natural Hairline
Hair loss is extremely common and it can quickly become a detriment to a person’s self-confidence.
Dr. Robert Bowen in Martinsburg offers hair restoration services for patients who are suffering from hair loss, as well as preventative care, using PRP injections.
These injections use products from your own body. PRP treatment can increase blood circulation to the hair follicles in the scalp, decrease the rate of your hair loss, and promote the growth of new hair.
What it Treats
60 – 90 minutes
Female or Male
21 or older
- Let us know if you are currently taking any blood-thinning medication or beta-blockers.
- Refrain from smoking or consuming alcohol for at least 3 days prior.
- Continue taking other prescriptions as needed.
- Eat regularly and drink at least 16 ounces of water.
- Do not wet your hair for at least 3 hours.
- Do not press, rub or touch the area.
- Do not shampoo the area for at least 6 hours.
- For the first 3 days after treatment, use a gentle shampoo.
- For at least 48 hours after treatment, do not take Aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, such as Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Motrin, etc.
- Do not apply ice to the treated area.
- Do not use saunas or steam rooms for at least 2 days post-treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sun exposure for 2 days post-treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine for at least 3 days after treatment.
- Do no straighten or apply heat to the hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do PRP injections hurt?
How long do results last after PRP hair restoration?
When should I come to Dr. Robert Bowen for PRP hair restoration?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.