Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
Forever Clear BBL in Martinsburg
Lighting Your Way to Clearer Skin
For many of us growing up, we were told acne was just a phase, that we would outgrow it. For many people, this simply didn’t end up being true. As an adult, acne can be embarrassing, making us feel self-conscious. No matter what age you are, though, it’s never too early to address concerns over acne.
You may have tried medications and various over-the-counter products with limited success. Some treatment options carry side effects as well. All of this can be a thing of the past, though, thanks to Sciton’s Forever Clear BBL!
At Dr. Robert Bowen in Martinsburg, we have seen many patients who have dealt with acne most of their life and want to put an end to it. We specialize in Sciton’s treatment options and have seen brilliant success with the Forever Clear BBL treatment. What makes it special is the unique way this treatment uses light energy to penetrate down to the source of acne, bacteria down in the skin.
Forever Clear BBL
How it Works.
- The treatment uses pulsed light of specific wavelengths (420 nm, 560 nm, 590 nm) to treat acne. The 420 nm filter (blue light) leads to the selective destruction of the P. acnes bacteria.
- The 560 nm filter (yellow light) is effective in treating mild to moderate inflammatory acne lesions. Finally, the addition of the 590 nm filter (red light) is effective in heating the sebaceous oil glands to aid in minimizing oil production.
30 to 60 minutes
Female or male
Must be off Accutane for at least 6 months before having this treatment
Recovery & Downtime
With Forever Clear BBL treatment, a mild sunburn-like sensation is to be expected after treatment, and lasts from 2 to 24 hours. It is not unusual to get an initial flare-up of acne after the first and second treatments. You can apply makeup after treatment if you wish, as the surface of the skin is not disrupted by this treatment. You should protect your skin from the sun to avoid complications.
Why choose Forever Clear BBL in Martinsburg?
Effective in fighting acne
For those looking for an effective way to deal with acne, this treatment offers noticeable results after 1 session. The total number of sessions needed for treatment varies depending on skin condition. We will help to plan a treatment plan to meet your individual needs.
This treatment is non-invasive, gentle, and safe for almost all skin types.
What to expect after treatment
After your Forever Clear BBL treatment, your skin may be a bit red, but this is normal and will fade after a few hours. Your skin will look clearer with a reduction in pore size. Sun avoidance and sun protection are required after treatment.
If skin is sensitive after treatment, avoid these until sensitivity subsides,
- Scented soaps, lotions, and exfoliating creams
- Hot or cold water (use lukewarm)
- Acne creams and gels
- Rough clothes
- Aggressive scrubbing of any kind
- Swimming pools and spa with chemicals/chlorine
- Activities that cause excessive perspiration
For 2 weeks following treatment,
- Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds, tanning creams
- Apply sunscreen regularly
- Follow any additional aftercare instructions from Dr. Bowen.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How many treatment sessions will I need?
How does Forever Clear BBL work?
How much downtime is required?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.