Services & Treatments
- Botox & Fillers
- Body Contouring
- Acne Treatment
- Hair Removal
- Medspa | Skin Rejuvenation
- Hair Restoration
- Deeper Wrinkles, Scars, Stretch Marks
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Women’s Sexual Wellness
- Pain, Inflammation, Healing
- About Dr. Bowen
- Patient Resources
- Reviews of Dr. Bowen’s Office
- Contact Us
BBL HERO in Martinsburg
Treat Signs of Aging with No Downtime
The BBL HERO device by Sciton is considered the gold-standard of broad band light therapy. Using the most innovative technology, the BBL HERO treats signs of aging with more efficiency and precision than ever before.
The providers at Dr. Robert Bowen in Martinsburg are expertly trained in delivering the incredible benefits of BBL HERO. The treatment is completely customizable and requires no downtime, making it perfect for just about everyone, from those just dipping their toes in aesthetic treatments, to even the most seasoned veterans.
BBL HERO is a treatment device that uses the heating power of broad band light. Your provider uses the device to gently warm the layers of the skin, stimulating collagen growth and inducing your body’s natural healing response.
After a series of treatment sessions, your body replaces damaged skin cells with new revitalized ones. This and the natural production of collagen smooths and plumps your skin for an overall refreshed and youthful appearance!
The HERO is the latest in BBL innovation and stands for “High Energy, Rapid Output”. Its power and incredible speed make this one of the most comfortable and effective aesthetic treatments available.
What it treats:
Wrinkles and fine lines
Rosacea or redness
Lesions and scars
Typically around 30 minutes.
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
There is virtually no downtime given that BBL is a non-invasive and gentle procedure (the light energy does not disrupt the surface of the skin). You should be able to resume all of your activities after treatment, but, should still be sun avoidant.
Why choose BBL HERO in Martinsburg?
Expertise & Experience
Dr. Bowen and his team have more laser and pulsed light expertise and experience than any other local treatment provider.
Typically, patients see some improvement in pigment and tone even with one treatment! However, multiple sessions can be performed at an interval of about every 4 weeks until the desired result has been achieved.
Comfortable and Quick
The unique cooling capabilities of BBL HERO ensure treatments are more comfortable than ever, while the speed of the device can treat even large areas (for example, full back, full legs) in a very reasonable amount of time!
BBL HERO Before & After
- Avoid direct sun exposure 2 to 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Stop using topical retinol products, as they increase skin sensitivity.
- Use sunscreen and physical sun protection.
- Avoid extended sun exposure, for example, going to the beach, traveling to sunny locations, sunbathing, outdoor sports, gardening, as well as tanning beds.
- Inform us if you have taken the medication Accutane in the last 6 months. You should not have treatment until at least 6 months after you have discontinued its use.
- Inform Dr. Bowen of any medical conditions or medications you are taking that might make you more sensitive to light, affect wound healing or affect coagulation.
- You may experience a slightly warm sensation in the treatment areas for up to a few hours after your BBL.
- Strictly avoid any sun exposure to the treated area for a minimum of 7 – 14 days after the procedure. The treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change. Keep the area covered and use a sun block with a protection factor of 30+, and reapply every 2 hours.
- Delayed blistering secondary to sun exposure has been noted up to 72 hours post treatment.
- If in the middle of a series of Phototherapy treatments, sun exposure should be avoided between treatments and a sunblock should be used on a daily basis.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How long will it take to see results?
Is BBL HERO safe for dark skin tones?
Does a BBL HERO treatment hurt?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.